Sunday, June 17, 2018

Tricks of the Trade: Breaking the Silence


Below are some of the tools/resources that I use on a regular basis to help make my Trading research/due diligence that much simpler.  I don't really know whether I'm really the only one who thinks outside the box with the resources I use (which is possible), or whether others prefer to keep these "secrets" to themselves.  Regardless, I'm breaking the silence.

This is for the hardworking Traders who follow me and my Blog and are hungry to learn in a way that gives you what no one else is willing to....Well, let's eat my friends:

*
Please give my StockTwits post a like and comment below/reach out if you have any feedback for me! I would love to hear from you.
  1. RSS feeds: these use a file type called .opml, I have spent a considerable amount of time perfecting mine.
    • Feedly.com (website+phone app+browser extensions)
      • Most popular one out there, not my favorite
    • Newsify  (website+iOS app)
      • Allows keyword searching on iOS
    • Reeder app (iOS app)
      • MY FAVORITE, worth the $4.99 (and I hate paid resources, a lot.)
    • RSSowl (PC)
      • Old program for PC, still worth checking out)
  2. Notetaking
    • PNotes.net (PC)
      • .net version has extra features vs. regualar
      • Ability to "dock" window for easy access
    • Notability (iOS, well worth the $9.99)
    • Evernote (phone app+PC+browser extensions)
      • Browser web clippers available
    •  OneNote (website+phone app+PC+browser extensions)
  3.  Standalone hidden gems:
    • Greenshot (PC) - screenshot app
      • MUCH easier than using snipping tool + PrtScn keyboard
    • Ditto (PC) - keeps track of what you Ctrl+C (copy)
    • Paste (iOS app+widget) - keeps track of what you copy on iOS
      • Just go to widgets on your phone and click edit > Paste 
      • Then simply click on the widget when you want to save copied info
    • Gladys (iOS) - send links, files, documents from phone browser
      • Found this recently, and I love it. Unlimited version only $.99
    • Madscan (PC) - FREE, similar to Trade-Ideas, very low-key scanner
    • Office Lens (multiple platforms)
      • Take a picture of a whiteboard/document/notes and it will make the picture quality MUCH greater
      • Converts pictures of documents into EDITABLE TEXT DOCUMENTS
    • Tradingdive - free trial
      • Trading journal/log that will convert your ROBINHOOD trades into an excel doc and provide analysis of your trading performance
    • Equityfeed - live stocks news stream
      • Free trial, NO credit card required
      • Prevents you from repeating free trial by detecting you have downloaded it previously
    • Benzinga Pro - live stocks news stream
      • Free trial, NO credit card required
      • Only need to provide unique phone number+email address (Repeating free trial possible, but I'll let you decide if that's something you should do.)
    • Scribd - endless ebooks/documents/trading education
      •  If you do the free trial from iOS, you can INSTANTLY cancel your trial and use the trial until the end without any risk of getting charged

PHEW! There are honestly other programs/sites that I really like and have used, but this post is a GREAT start.  Remember, it's always okay to think outside the box.  Just since that guy you follow on StockTwits with tons of followers doesn't teach you shit, doesn't mean no one is willing to. 

Please give my StockTwits post a like and comment below/reach out if you have any feedback for me! I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment