Monday, August 27, 2018

FIX: Problem using Discord push-to-talk while using ThinkOrSwim

This is for anyone who runs into the issue (really stupid issue) where your voice chat audio on Discord experiences one of a few problems, a mixture of which I have had the great pleasure (lol, not) of having to troubleshoot in order to figure out:
  1. Your voice cuts out while you're talking when you click into ThinkOrSwim while holding down push-to-talk
    • This is super irritating, especially when you don't even know your voice cut out on you until someone tells you they only heard half of what you just said...and you realize you were just talking to yourself for like 3 minutes...
  2. You cannot use push-to-talk to talk on voice when you're already in ThinkOrSwim before clicking the respective hotkey.
  3. Your mic gets "stuck" when you're talking on voice chat and then navigate into ThinkOrSwim while you're still holding down push-to-talk....and when you let go of push-to-talk and your mic should be off....you got yourself a hot mic.
    • I could think of a ton of scenarios where this could be really embarrassing, awkward, or just annoying to have this happen...
    • Fortunately, I just generally gave the entire 100+ people on our voice chat at the time an ear-full of background noise
    • ...besides that one time I got busted yelling at my dog...dammit cooper stop growling at the door to go outside can't you see I'm in the middle of a trade?!
FIXED!

If you're still having it happen, feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to try some other troubleshooting steps with you.  I've done more troubleshooting with my trading platforms (TOS+TWS+Colmex) than I'm happy to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment